TILAPIA AQUACULTURE DEVELOPERS ASSOCIATION, NIGERIA (TADAN) currently an affiliate member of FISON. The association became duly registered on the 6th of June 2014 at the Corporate Affair Commission (CAC) in Abuja after having had several name modification by the commission. The certificate of incorporation no CAC/IT/NO 69941 and a copy is hereby attached for your information and records please.
The association had her very first meeting on the 29th of June 2012 at the FISON Secretariat, Victoria Island, Lagos to develop her concept note which was supported by the National Executive Council and since then more than eight different association meetings have taken place at the Secretariat.
We are members of FISON with deep passion for the development of Tilapia and we seek to achieve her development to a height of sustainability. Our set objectives are numerous and cannot be achieved without your immense support even as we partner with the relevant Research Institutes, Universities and Government Agencies to put Nigeria and Tilapia production on the global map where it rightly belongs.
Recently we collaborated with FISON and took 31 FISON members among whom are business men (Nigerians, Indians, Danish and Cameroun Citizens) to Ghana to understudy their success story and develop frameworks that would endure the challenges of time.
The stakeholders shall include academia, feed suppliers, equipment manufacturers, seed and genetic scientists, consulting and technology transfer organizations, supermarkets and food processing companies along the value chain.
Current Interim Executives Officers includes:
1. President : Mr Remi Ahmed (Choice Fisheries Consult)
2. Vice President (Commercial): Mr Nurudeen Tiamiyu( Amolese Aquaculture Ltd)
3. Vice President(Education and Research : Dr Agbabiaka L.A (Fed Polytechnic ,Nekede,Imo State)
4. Secretary General: Adedeji Fatai Abiodun(Crescent University,Abeokuta )
5. Asst, Secretary General: Dr Stephen Ochang
6. Treasurer : Miss Seriki Bolanle (University Of Lagos)
7. Financial Secretary : Dr (Mrs) Oyekanmi Funmilayo (Oshun State College ofEductaion Ilesa)
8. Publicity Secretary : Ajagbe Nosiru ( Samco Farms Ltd)
Regional Coordinators /Promoters
1. Dr Stephen N .Ochang (Cross River State University ) South South
2. Dr Akinwole Ayoola (University Of Ibadan ) South West
3. Dr Agbabiaka LA (Fed Polytechnic ,Nekede,Imo State) South East
4. Dr S.I Ovie (NIFFR) North Central
5. Dr Galadima Bagudo (Premier Farm ,Sokoto North West
6. Miss Awwal Dasuki (Federal University Dutsinma ,Kastina) North East .
We therefore solicit your support, encouragement and contribution towards achieving the set objectives for the overall interest of Aquaculture Development in Nigeria while thanking you for your cooperation as always.
Interim National Secretary
For: Interim National President
Contact Phone Numbers: +2348033135761,+2347032753592,+2348032482115